From the 01.12.2020 the flu vaccination is available to those aged 50-64 who are not in a vulnerable group. Contact Reception on 01747 840226 to book an appointment.
Due to Covid19 we cannot hold our usual ‘walk in’ Saturday clinic. If you are eligible for an influenza vaccination you will need to book an appointment. Please contact the surgery and book an appointment.
When attending the surgery for a flu vaccination:
- Please do not arrive too early for your appointment
- Wear short sleeves
- No unnecessary items should be brought in to the surgery with you
- Use the toilet at home before attending the surgery
- Wear a face covering or mask
- Let reception know you have arrived, they will tell you where to wait
- Use hand gel before entering the building
- Keep 2 metres away from any other patients waiting.
- You may also be collected from the car park and taken to the Nurses Treatment room for your flu vaccination. Not sure if you are eligible? Look at the NHS website for full details: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-flu-vaccine/
- If you are eligible you may also be offered the shingles or pneumonia vaccination at the same time.
- During some of the flu clinics we will be administering the vaccination in the lobby area. The idea being that the patient will enter by the front door facing the steps and exit using the front door into the car park. Only one patient will be in the lobby at one time. Patients waiting outside should keep 2 metres away from each other and please bear in mind the weather conditions. That’s one of the reasons we ask that you don’t arrive too early for your appointment, the other reason is that we have limited space in the surgery car park.
- If on the day of your appointment you feel unwell please do not attend the surgery, phone and rearrange your appointment.